Property Partners Emma Gill are delighted to bring to market this charming authentic country cottage. Originally built in the 1700's the original thatch cottage has since been lovingly cared for and updated to include a seamless fusion to the adjoining building dated circa 1800's.
Both buildings were fully refurbished in the early 2000's to transform it into a spacious and comfortable family home while retaining much of its characteristic traditional thatch cottage style and feel. Set on a site of circa 0.5 acres the property benefits from a south facing garden to the rear complete with stone patio area perfect for entertaining.
- A rare opportunity to acquire a unique period property
- Deceptively spacious and finished to a high standard
- Ready for immediate occupation
- Excellent commutability with Galway city a 20 minute drive
- 5 minutes from Headford town and all amenities
- Entrance Room: 13ft 8' x 13ft 2' original stone fire place, tile floor, wood sheeted cathedral ceiling and stairs to the loft area.
- Sitting Room/Bedroom: 12ft x 13ft 2' open fireplace with stone raised hearth, attic access, wood sheeted ceiling
and carpet flooring.
- Bathroom: 6ft 8' x 6ft 4' bathtub with electric shower, toilet, sink, carpet flooring and tile around bathtub.
- Utility Passage way to newer section: 7ft 6' x 6ft 9' washer/dryer hook up, tile floor, wood sheeted ceiling and
- Loft Room: 10ft x 7ft 8' pine flooring, wood sheeting walls and ceiling
- Newly Refurbished area built in the 1800
- Kitchen/Dining: 21ft 4' x 13ft 1' oak cabinets with formica counter tops, and centre island, Range master gas &
electric cooking stove with brick surrounds, electric appliances, wood sheeted ceiling, recessed lights and
terracotta tile floor.
- Step down entrance hall: 4ft 7' x 4ft 2' Terracotta tile floor
- Family Room: 13ft 3' x 8ft 9' on lower level semi-solid oak flooring, carpeted stairs to 1st floor, wood sheeted
ceiling, and recessed lights, Hot press under stairs with insulated tank
- Master Bedroom #1: 14ft 6' x 14ft 1' carpet flooring
- En suite: 8ft 4' x 8ft 5' plus 23 sqft Jacuzzi bathtub, toilet, sink, carpet flooring, double shower stall
with floors and walls tiled.
- Walk in Wardrobe: 5ft 4' x 4ft 1' carpet flooring, full shelved with rails.
- Landing: 12ft 2' x 6ft 6' plus 12ft 5' x 4ft 9' carpet flooring and wood sheeted ceiling
- Bedroom #2: 15ft 10' x 10ft 3' laminated flooring and attic access
- Bedroom #3: 12ft x 11ft carpet flooring and attic access
- Bedroom #4: 10ft 9' x 16ft 3' carpet flooring
- Bathroom:: 6ft2' x 9ft 1' pump shower, toilet and sink
Please see attached floor plan for exact measurements and layout
Property Features :
- Original feature stone fireplaces in both reception rooms
- Outer walls are 2-0 in width built with local stone and lime mortar
- Fully thatched laid on metal sheeting and mesh wire
- New wood up & down windows installed with insulated glass
- Traditional wood frame sheeted doors
- Private septic system.
- Public water supply
- Oil central heating
- Boundaries outlined with stone walls
- Gravel driveway with ample parking for 2 cars
Whilst every care has been taken in the preparation of these details and in the provision of any general data and information about this property, but it should be noted that any information, written or verbal, provided by Property Partners Emma Gill or their client is issued for guidance purposes only, is not contractual and does not form part of any legal documentation. Any floor plan provided is for illustrative purposes only and should be used as such by any prospective purchaser or tenant. The accuracy of measurement of doors, windows, rooms and any other items are approximate and no responsibility is taken for any error, omission or mis-statement.
5 minutes from Headford town and all amenities
Rarely does a thatch cottage of this spec and character come to the open market.....book your viewing today, you will not be disappointed!!
In addition to business hours, viewings can usually be accommodated by us in the evenings and at weekends. To arrange a viewing, call or text our negotiator handling this sale, Emma Gill on 087 7999955 or 091 884000/094 9542819.