Prestigious 4 Bedroom House with Detached Garage. Combining heritage style with modern convenience in the village of Ardagh. Situated on the edge of Ardagh village, which is steeped in history and has many buildings dating from the 1700's and 1800's, winning numerous awards including the national tidy town’s award. The house is walking distance from Pub, Shop and school. Built in 2008 by a well-known local builder to a heritage style in keeping with the local area but using the highest modern specifications available. Bevelled cut stone window cill’s and surrounds, Scandinavian wooden double glazed windows, natural slate roof with pitched pine fascia and cast iron gutters recreates the look of the landmark ‘Old Barracks’ building in the village that inspired this house. The house has a total floor area of c. 2,650 Sq.Ft. and the interior design features unique fittings such as light switches, replica porcelain tiles, internal doors and Knobs all meticulously sourced to provide character & Charm. Sophisticated zoned underfloor heating from an efficient pellet boiler, heated towel rails & solar panels along with a beautiful double height kitchen / living area provide great comfort and convenience. Outside the gardens are mature and heavily planted with beech hedging along with plum and apple trees. A south facing covered veranda looks out onto a large coble lock patio area and to the side of the house there is a large lofted detached garage.
SERVICES: Mains Water & Septic tank, Wood pellet boiler Central Heating and solar panels.
EIRCODE: N39 P962
GPS: 53.675, -7.6936
BER: C2 BER No.108795022 Energy Performance Indicator:177.04 kWh/m²/yr
• Entrance Hall - 2m x 7.5m With cloak closet and Victoria replica porcelain tiled floor.
• Sitting Room - 4m x 6.7m Solid walnut wood floor and open fireplace
• Play room - 2.8m x 5.25m Solid walnut wood floor and opening for open fire.
• Study - 1.8m x 4.5m Solid walnut wood floor and cupboard.
• Kitchen \ Dining area - 4.8m x 7.8m With oak wood floors, bespoke kitchen, double height ceiling and a snug seating area (2.75m x 2m) with solid fuel stove. This is a super family living area. There is a ‘Rangemaster’ Gas hobb & double oven and a ‘walk in’ shelved larder. The kitchen was designed by award winning 'Creative Wood' in Westport and features solid mahogany units & work tops, along with polished stone worktop surrounding the Porcelain sink unit and a large island storage unit. There are French glass doors out to the south facing covered veranda and the Dining area is framed by a large arched window looking out onto the rear garden.
• Utility Room - 3m x 4.25m Tiled floor and built in units, plumbed for washing machine, side door access to garage side of house.
• Shower room - 2.9m x 1.3m semi tiled, WC & WHB, walk in pressurised shower
• Bedroom 1 - 4.5m x 3.3m with painted wood floor and walk in wardrobe
• Main Bathroom - 3m x 2.5m Tiled floor and wainscot panelling, bath, pressurised shower, heated towel rail, WC & feature heritage WHB.
• Bedroom 2 - 4m x 1.85m with painted wood floors plus a window area of c. 1.8m x 1.6m
• Bedroom 3 - 4.9m x 3m Painted wood floor and shares ensuite with B4
• Shared En Suite - 1.7m x 2.9m Semi tiled with wainscot panelling, WC & WHB, pressurised shower and heated towel rail
• Bedroom 4 - 4.3m x 2.9m Painted wood floor and shares ensuite with B3