This property is situated along Lanesboro's main street, close to the bridge and the Shannon, a very short walk from all shops, pubs, restaurants etc.
Lanesboro is set at the top of Lough Ree, one of the three main lakes on the River Shannon. The town is split along the county borders of County Longford & Roscommon divided by the Shannon. The area is renowned for its excellent fishing with the warm water stretch along the riverside a particular attraction . The town offers considerable tourism potential and each year it hosts an Environmental Summer School, which draws people from home and abroad. As a result the area is a popular residential location.
The current population of Lanesboro is c. 711 (CSO 2011) up from 604 in 2006 an increase of 17.7 %. The area is renowned for its excellent fishing. The town is served by the National secondary route (N63) from Longford (c.15km away) to Galway which passes through the town and is the main Route to Roscommon Town (c. 13km).
This unique property is a convent building built in the early 1970's on a site of c. 1.01 acres and is contained in Folios LD9920f & LD9922F. The building is currently laid out into 9 bedrooms, chapel, reception rooms and a separate 2 bedroom apartment. There is a total floor area of c. 822.8 m² (c. 8,856 Sq.Ft.)
Outside there is a garden to the front with some outbuildings along the side boundary. A large tarmac area providing car parking and access to the rear where there is car parking for another 6 cars and there are planted beds and a large lawn.
Mains Water & Sewerage, electricity, oil fired central heating (separate boilers for water and heating)
Convent Building of c. 823 m² on a site of c. 1 acre. Laid out into 9 bedrooms, chapel, reception rooms and a separate 2 bedroom apartment.
Main Street location less than 100 meters from the River Shannon
Suitable for Hostel, Guesthouse, Restaurant, commercial or residential uses.
BER No. 106328669
Energy Performance Indicator: 417.5 kWh/m²/yr
- Entrance Hall 4.7m x 3.7m
- Chapel 8.3m x 8.25m timber panelled ceiling and stained glass windows, exposed brick walls
- Sacristy 2.1m x 3.4m with WHB & closet
- WC & WHB 1m x 2.7m
- Office 2.5m x 3.6m
- Sitting Room 2.5m x 5.25m
- Locker Room 2.5m x 4.8m plus whb & toilets
- Side porch 1.3m x 6.4m
- TV Room 2.5m x 5.25m
- Living Room 5m x 6.5m Brick fireplace with solid fuel stove and wood panelled ceiling. floor to ceiling windows
- Dining Room 5.25m x 6.5m floor to ceiling windows
- Utility Room 2.7m x 4m built in units
- Utility Room 2 - 2.7m x 2.5m built in units, plumbed for washing machine
- Kitchen 8m x 4.3m built in kitchen units, Gas & electric cookers & hobs', Tiled floor.
- Canteen 4m x 2.9m
- Ministry room 6.8m x 9.4m
- ministry entrance 4.5m x 3.9m with disabled toilet & regular toilet
- Bedroom 1 - 5.25m x 2.8m
- Store room 2.5m x 2m with under stairs storage
- Laundry 2.7m x 4.6m tiled floor, old style sink
- water boiler room 1.7m x 2.7m boiler heats water separate from heating,
- WC & WHB 1m x 3m WC & WHB, tiled walls
- Bathroom 1.4m x 2.9m
Bath & WHB, tiled walls
- Bedroom 2 2.4m x 2.8m WHB
- Office 2.4m x 2.8m WHB
- Bedrooms 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 2.85m x 3.7m WHB
Ground floor Apartment
- Bedroom 1 - 3.8 x 4m
With bay window and ensuite 2m x 2.4m fully tiled WC & WHB, shower, fully wheelchair accessible
- Bedroom 2 - 3.8 x 4m
ensuite 2m x 2.4m fully tiled WC & WHB, shower, fully wheelchair accessible
- Kitchen & living area 5.8m x 3.41m Plus bay window area, built in kitchen units and elec. cooker
- Pantry & Office 2.5m x 1.3m
By appointment only