Residential Bar & Lounge
Situated along the Main Street of Newtownforbes, which is also the N4 Dublin Sligo Road. This is a thriving pub business with the benefit of superb residential accommodation at the heart of this village community. Newtownforbes is located 8 Km North West of Longford Town. It is a rapidly expanding town, partly due to its strategic location, being in close proximity to Longford Town, as well as on the main N4 Dublin - Sligo route. The village is a popular residential location for many people working in Longford Town.
McGowans pub was originally established in 1906 and is trading profitably with a clear 7 day licence. With the large total site area of c. 1/3 acre, there is room for further expansion of the business. The property has been well maintained and renovated several times with a total gross internal floor area of c. 320 Sq. meters (c. 3,453 Sq.Ft.). To the rear of the pub is an enclosed yard & garden with a covered seating and smoking area. There is also a garage and stock storeroom of c. 500 Sq.Ft. and a general store of 352 Sq.Ft. which contains two large 300 gallon water tanks. One tank is fed by Roof rainwater and serves the Lounge toilets. The other tank is a Mains water fed reserve tank, both have and electric pump.
SERVICES: Mains Water & Sewerage, Zoned Oil fired central heating.
RATES: RV of €28.99 at Longford Council rate of €63.35 = €1,836.51 for the year 2014
HOUSE BER: E1 BER no. 106577372 Energy Performance Indicator: 310.39 kWh/mÂ²/yr
BAR BER: D1 BER no. 800303125 Energy Performance Indicator: 1170.25 kWh/mÂ²/yr
BER No. 800303125
Energy Performance Indicator: 1170.25 kWh/m²/yr
- Bar / snug 7.8m x 4.7m c. 395 Sq.Ft. with original bar, counter & shelving
- Lounge 8.7m x 6.3m c. 590 Sq.Ft. , known as the Olde mill, with timber and tiled flooring, modern fitted bar and shelving
- Ladies toilets 3.7m x 2.1m fully tiled with 2 x WCs and vanity unit
- Gents Toilets 2.5m x 2.1m 3 urinals, 1 WC
- Smoking area 7m x 3.3m c. 253 Sq.Ft. this smoking area is off the lounge
- Residential entrance hall 3.25m x 2.4m with tiled floor
- Sitting Room 5.5m x 2.5m with wooden floor and marble fireplace.
- Living room 5.7m x 4m With pitch pine ceiling and spot lights
- Kitchen 6.9m x 3m with Stanley oil range (100 btu's) with brick surround, tiled floor fitted kitchen units
- Bedroom 1 - 4.75m x 3.25m with built in wardrobes
- Bedroom 2 - 4m x 3m with built in press unit and ensuite shower room fully tiled with triton elec. shower & WHB
- Bedroom 3 - 5m x 3.5m plus built in wardrobe
- Bedroom 4 - 4.8m x 3.2m
- Bathroom 3.2m x 1.9m with Bath, WHB, Hot press
- Separate WC 2.7m x 1.4m
By appointment only